Thursday, July 13, 2006

My 15 minute walk...

For a lack of news this week, I'm going to rant on about my awesome walk to school. Rather than the 12 minute drive to work I had back in Canada, now I walk 5 minutes with Steph to work before I turn right into a large group of farming plots that lie smack dab in the middle of old downtown. The old "agimas" farm the land and rotate through onions, carrots, lettuce and garlic, depending on the season.

For some reason, the city has decided to put a brand new 4 lane street through the farm land... and it goes absolutely nowhere. Nice planning boys!
Four lane to nowhere...I take a left off the 4 laner...

...and to your left, a big onion feild
duck between some houses, and up this path...

slip between some houses... ...and through this spooky path...










... when I reach another 2 lane "Nowhere road" that curls around a separate neighbourhood and down the hill to my school. I dart down a side street and take a left. It's a nice morning walk, with a surprising number of regulars, and by the time I'm at school I'm nicely awake.
Not bad at all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff C. said...

Looks like a great walk to work: city, farm land, and backcountry trail.

Are you finding that you don't really miss or need your car at all?

11:07 a.m.  
Blogger Brent said...

Not at all. It's great not having a car. No monthly payments, no maintenance and gas payments, no manoevering through traffic, no almost killing yourself on the highway and writing off your car.

I would love to be car-less when I get back to Canada!

1:18 p.m.  
Blogger Brent said...

Plus, cabs are a $5 max here, and intercity buses run every 20 minutes.

1:20 p.m.  
Blogger Ms Parker said...

FINALLY!

An update!

1:40 p.m.  
Blogger Brent said...

Parker...
That doesn't even count as a comment.

Can't believe I have to travel with you! Save me!!!

4:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home