Thursday, November 16, 2006

Rick tells it like it is...

As all the Canadians know, Rick Mercer is a pretty funny guy. His political satire routine is second to none. Now, I am a huge fan of John Stewart, but Canada knows it's political satire. From the Canadian Air Farce, to This hour has 22 minutes to Rick Mercer and the Mercer Report, we know how to make fun of our politicians.

Rick is so good, he's already been granted the Order of Canada! (I really don't think a comedian should be given that prestigious of an award until he has a career under his belt, but what do I know?)


His rants are always a breath of fresh air as well as his skits including my favourites;
Minty Fresh, Hands in my pockets and his trip to Churchill.

Keep up the good work Rick!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

I find Rick Mercer absolutely hilarious. I went to a live taping of the RMR and had a blast. Since it's produced by the CBC the tickets are free - though hard to come by.

Some of my favorite bits are the Blackberry commercial, the “toughest Canadian/Dr. Popsicle” report, and the “Michael Ignatieff: Man of the People” commercial. But there’s so much good stuff, it’s hard to pick.

Your post just reminded me of how much I miss the CBC now that I live in the US…

3:35 a.m.  
Blogger Brent said...

Nance!,
It's all online at www.cbc.ca, even the evening broadcasts! Why miss anything! We watch "The National" whenever we can!

6:54 a.m.  
Blogger Jeff C. said...

It strikes me as odd and contrary to a democracy that Harper doesn't allow discention within his party. If you disagree...you're kicked out or at the least, made a backbencher for life. Sounds more like a dictatorship to me. Harper is an idiot.

12:27 p.m.  
Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check it out. We really struggle to find decent TV coverage of international news down here.

2:05 p.m.  
Blogger Ms Parker said...

I didn't realize that I missed Rick Mercer until I read your blog.

xoxo

V

5:40 p.m.  
Blogger Jeff C. said...

How about posting the story of your students getting into a fight.

9:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home