Friday, November 10, 2006

Pepero day!!!

While most of world is spends November 11th remembering those killed in World War 1 and every war that follows, The Koreans, sparked by either smart marketing or amazing word of mouth Celebrate Pepero (빼빼로) day!

The unofficial holiday involves students giving a crapload of Pepero brand chocolate covered breadsticks to their friends. It is comparable to Valentines day back home, but would probably be closer to "Mars bar day" than anything. A piece of marketing genius by the Lotte corporation.

All that matters to me is that I got a truck load of candy today! Good thing too... my kids were REALLY bad today. All that damn suger I suppose.

Pile o pepero!!!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeff C. said...

Good haul! Is that candy any better than those Korean Red Ginsing candies you sent us?

6:56 a.m.  
Blogger Brent said...

Nothing is better than those Ginsing candies! You are just ungrateful!

7:16 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeffer..Trust me. The ginseng candies grow on you.. you just have to keep eating them until they're delicious. Git eating!

8:13 p.m.  
Blogger Goulash said...

You guys are crazy... that Ginseng candy never grows on you.
Between here and Japan, I've had a truck load of them and still struggle to get them down my throat!
But to answer your question Jeff, imagine a saltless pretzel covered in chocolate and you would be coming fairly close to a pepero.

4:45 p.m.  
Blogger Jeff C. said...

One time I went to a cottage and accidentally bought a bag of unsalted pretzels. I was nearly castrated and quartered.

9:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home