Friday, November 24, 2006

Blog-worthiness

As you might have noticed (thanks Jeff), the frequency of my posting has dropped off a bit of late. It has been said that a good blog has both frequent postings as well as great content that will continue to bring the readers, YOU, back. Now, let's not touch that term, "a good blog. I'm just writing a journal of what happened has during our year in Korea, and things of late have been pretty routine. Don't get me wrong, time here is flying bye, but many of the teachers here have made the comment that after about 4 months here, you start to become "desensitized" to the things that you are seeing. Things aren't less crazy, but I personally find them less Blog-worthy than I would have in my first 4 months.

A guy just dying to dieFor instance;
Last week, there was a guy up a hydro pole. His friends/co-workers were mingling around him at the base. Was he from the Hydro company? I don't know. Were the wires live? I would think so, but who knows. Maybe some were. So there he was, cutting down (random) wires from this pole. Was the traffic re-routed? Of course not. Pedestrians warned? Do you need to ask. As cars would drive by, BAM, a wire would fall and land on the hood of the car. Any yelling or posturing by the driver of the car? Nope... he just slowed down, realized what had hit his car, and I guess figured that that was just ok by him. And crazy as it seems now, we didn't think much of it either.

From now on, I will try and keep you in mind when I'm thinking about "Blog-worthiness" and try to stay regular... if you know what I mean.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff C. said...

Thank you!

What about the fight and the crazy guy who talked to the students?

I'm needy.

7:16 a.m.  
Blogger Ms Parker said...

Everything is blogworthy!

Example:
good hair days
new shoes
visiting friends
cats
getting a potato from a student
upcoming vacation itineraries
grocery shopping
....

Well, you get the idea.

:)

V.

p.s. Why is your beta version of Blogger in Korean? If I get it, will it be in English or Hangeul?

8:45 a.m.  
Blogger Brent said...

Virginia, I have no idea which language you will get. I think the Hanguel is neat for the people at home! ;)

Jeff, here comes the "Ragin' kid" story. Ask Steph about her even better story from Friday! Poor kid!

10:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home