Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Catastrophic Failure!

It always happens... when you are at your most vulnerable, your computer will find a way to go down in flames.
Well, maybe not that bad... but it sure made me angry!!!And so it happened, after my glorious trip to Australia and tons of memories from around Korea, that the hand of doom would reach down and screw me. That hand, I will call you... "Norton Antivirus". Yep, in the process of upgrading to Norton Systemworks 2007, I had to uninstall my 2003 version. While doing this, Norton decided it would be nice to corrupt the boot sector of my laptop, rendering the laptop totally useless until I wiped the hard drive clean and started fresh.

Who needs memories anyway, right Norton?

In saying that, I am encouraging everyone to use PC-cillin or AVG for antivirus tools. They are just as good and won't destroy your life.

Thanks Norton!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel said...

Aww guys, that's frigging terrible.

But, hooray for blogs and storing photos online, eh?

Yay for backup.

Glad to see you got your Aussie pics online before the worst occurred.

Hang in there.

Jen

4:20 a.m.  
Blogger Ms Parker said...

We (my laptop and I) join you in mourning the loss of your hard drive memory.

Your fellow nerd,

Virginia

1:16 p.m.  
Blogger Jeff C. said...

Unbelievable. Other than online photos, did you burn any CDs?

Actually, now that I think about it, that is karmic retribution for calling me a nerd on my blog.

8:06 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home