Wednesday, February 28, 2007

World class Sydney

Me and the OperaAfter the beautiful city of Melbourne, I flew to Sydney where I was picked up by my friends, Paul and Amanda. They have been living in Sydney for over 3 years, hanging out in the posh Bondi Beach (Copy and paste these coordinates into Google Earth 433°52'41.75"S 151°16'14.33"E), where a house that looks to be worth $200k run well over a million dollars, and were kind enough to put me up and feed me! So nice they are! (Well, at least Amanda is nice)

If you like gorgeous beaches, beautiful people and a fantastic walkable city, Sydney is the place for you. I walked the breathtaking Eastern Coast Trail (Copy and paste these coordinates into Google Earth 433°53'32.65"S 151°16'35.32"E), past 4 of the best beaches you are going to see, took the ferry downtown, walked through the incredible RBG that sits right next to the downtown area and the Sydney Opera House (Copy and paste these coordinates into Google Earth 433°51'24.85"S 151°12'54.33"E) and climbed the Harbour bridge (Copy and paste these coordinates into Google Earth 433°51'17.64"S 151°12'33.37"E)(opting for the $9 view rather than the $160 guided, tied off tour!)

P & APaul and Amanda were awesome! They took time to take me to the Blue Mountains to the west, into the Jenolan caves (Copy and paste these coordinates into Google Earth 433°49'8.92"S 150° 1'25.95"E) and to the 3 Sisters National Monument. As well, they took me out for Steak and Brontosaurus Ribs (which I ate with a bib!) for my 16th birthday. They even let me take a crapload of cash from them in a couple of poker games we played while I was there. Now that is the mark of true friends.

In the end, it was time for me to get on my way, but not without adding Sydney to my list of Great world cities... The service still sucks though. Ha!

Bondi

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen @ Light Enough to Travel said...

Love the new banner at the top! It's like "where's waldo" only he doesn't need to wear the stripes because he's two feet taller than everybody else in the picture!

1:23 a.m.  
Blogger Ms Parker said...

Damn - wanted to tell you how rockin' the new banner is, but somebody beat me to it. :(

Keep the blogs coming...

xoxo

Virginia

7:34 a.m.  
Blogger Jeff C. said...

Love the Waldo banner!

Did you eat any vegemite while you were over there? Delicious!

8:05 a.m.  
Blogger Goulash said...

Hey, lovin it so far, but when's the rest of the trip comin?

I mean, it can't be like your busy or anything.

:P

12:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home